Internships are generally to be a performance or understudy in a full production in which the student is paid. It has been determined that any FULL production with at least 3 performances will be considered fulfillment of the 145 hours and no further documentation or permission is required. Any other Internship request that is either unpaid OR not a performance will require the student to get permission from the Chair of the Musical Theatre Academic Area via email.
To receive a passing grade for an Internship:
- The Internship must be complete and the student must register for the 1 credit Internship Course, MUS 495, in the semester immediately following.
- The student needs to have an Internship Verification Form signed by their Internship supervisor indicating a satisfactory performance of required duties. The current Internship Verification Form can be found here.
- If the Internship was not a full production in which the student was paid, the student must provide the Internship Advisor (Jim Mahady) a copy of the email from the Chair of the Musical Theatre Academic Area granting permission.
- The student must provide a program or some other documentation of the role/duties performed. The Internship Advisor will place this document in the student's academic file, to be attached to the Internship Form when it arrives.
- The student must provide the Internship Advisor a one-page written description of the Internship and what was learned. The Internship Advisor will place this document in the student's academic file, to be attached to the Internship Verification Form when it arrives.