- Ph.D. student Gretchen Erlichman gives a presentation at the 55th International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, Michigan, May 7–10. The title of her presentation is "Ave, Gloriosa: Shedding Light on the La Clayette Motets and Their Use for Marian Devotion in the Medieval Divine Office in France."
- Dr. Andrew H. Weaver publishes the book Leonard Bernstein and Washington, DC: Works, Politics, Performances (University of Rochester Press), a collection of essays co-edited with Daniel Abraham and CUA alumna Alicia Kopfstein-Penk (Ph.D. 2011).
- Alumnus Christopher Campo-Bowen (M.M. 2011) is appointed Assistant Professor of Musicology at Virginia Tech.
- Dr. Andrew H. Weaver publishes the essay "Work Discussion 6: Pierre de la Rue, Missa de feria,” in The Mechelen Choirbook: Study, ed. David Burn and Honey Meconi (Antwerp: Standaard/Davidsfonds, 2019), 131–40.
- Alumnus Matthew D. Morrison (M.A. 2008) publishes the article "Race, Blacksound, and the (Re)Making of Musicological Discourse," Journal of the American Musicological Society 72, no. 3 (Fall 2019): 781–823.
- Ph.D. student Anna Brashears presents a paper at the Fall Meeting of the Capital Chapter of the American Musicological Society, held at the Library of Congress on September 21. The title of her paper is “‘Now We are Dead’: Ethel Voynich’s Epitaph in Ballad Form and the Aftermath of Rebellion.”
- Ph.D. candidate Kevin McDonald is appointed Adjunct Faculy in Jazz Percussion at George Mason University.