Majors, Principals, Secondary
- Jury presentation will consist of material prepared during the semester.
- No specific repertoire is required.
- Accompanist recommended but not required.
- Three contrasting pieces. No specific length.
- Materials as recommended by the individual instructor.
- Accompanist required.
Memory is optional except for scales.
- Players must present at least two selections with piano accompaniment.
- Students are required to provide their own accompanist at the jury.
Through the junior year, all students will present technical materials: scales, arpeggios, etudes, etc. in addition to repertoire and as directed by instructor.
Please Note: The jury will be evaluated by a faculty committee. Committee grades will be averaged (50%) with the private instructor's grade (50%) to determine the final grade for the semester. In semesters where no jury takes place, the instructor's grade will constitute 100% of the final grade.
PhD Students: A jury is required of a PhD student taking private instruction as part of a Minor in Performance.