Ward Method Pedagogy and Gregorian Chant Practicum
June 26 - June 30, 2023
Music teachers and graduate students may register for a Ward Method course for three graduate credits or as a non-credit workshop course.
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge of music theory, including tonic sol-fa system. The requirement is fulfilled if the applicant has earned a music diploma or successfully completed at least two semesters of music theory, including ear training, sight singing, melodic and harmonic dictation, etc.
All registrations need to be completed by Monday, June 19, 2023.
For information on the possible availability of limited scholarship assistance, please email the director of the Ward Center, Mrs. Amy Zuberbueler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who Should Enroll?
- Pastors who pray for singing congregations educated in truth and beauty.
- Administrators will find a music program based on sound educational psychology and pedagogy with a curriculum that fulfills national standards and diocesan guidelines.
- Parish Organists and Choir Directors will discover a unique music method that can be successfully adapted for use in after-school choir programs.
- Music Teachers will be able to use their own creativity while following a logical, sequential program.
- Classroom Teachers and Homeschooling Parents will be able to teach music with as much confidence as they might with any other subject.