We are a thriving program in which students enthusiastically embrace the discipline and joyous work of bringing great music to life, while developing their technical skill and musical imagination.
Explore the varied aspects of our work here at Catholic University.
Orchestra Auditions Fall 2018
- Metronome markings are only references so everyone is encouraged to listen to the pieces to have knowledge of the context.
- Auditions will be held in Maestro Tartaglione's office, Ward 133, on Tuesday, August 28th. 10:30-1:30 strings, 2:30-5:30 winds/brass/perc.
- Sign up sheets will be posted next to the door.
- If you have any questions, please contact Maestro directly, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please practice only the music in brackets. You are free to play one solo if you would like. You will choose one excerpt to start and the others will be chosen for you, but not all may be played at the audition. Non-Music Majors: Number of excerpts could be reduced upon maestro's approval if list of excerpts exceeds your preparation time/level. Please contact him directly.
- Flute and Piccolo
- Oboe and English Horn
- Clarinet and Bass Clarinet
- Trombone, Bass Trombone, and Tuba
- Percussion - please contact Maestro directly, email@example.com
The Instrumental Music Academic Area is made up of approximately 25 undergraduates and 45 graduate students. The richness of playing across all instruments is displayed in our ensembles: the CUA Symphony Orchestra and Wind Ensemble.Learn More
The CUA Symphony Orchestra performs major orchestral works regularly throughout the year. The Orchestra also serves as the ensemble for CUA Opera Theatre, and is featured in the Annual Christmas Concert for Charity.Learn More
The Robert Ricks Memorial Scholarship Fund
Robert Ricks Memorial Scholarship Fund, designed to support graduate students in orchestral instruments. Contributions from alumni & friends wishing to donate to this fund may be sent to the School of Music.Learn More