Please find below a tentative “Schedule for the Day” for our upcoming Seventh Annual All-Catholic High School Honor Choir, sponsored by The Catholic University of America, Benjamin T. Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art. This year the concert will be held in St. Vincent’s Chapel on the CUA campus. We look forward to your participation in this exciting event. Please make this information available to your students.
- 8:30 a.m. Registration: Arrive at the Benjamin T. Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art (Ward Hall) on The Catholic University of America campus. http://www.cua.edu/about-cua/directions.cfm. Pick up t-shirts.
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome in John Paul Hall (JPH) Dr. Battersby
- 9:10 – 10:00 a.m. Sectional Rehearsals and Coaching (JPH and Rooms 127 & 221) Dr. Laino
- 10:15 – 11:45 a.m. Honor Choir Rehearsal #1 in John Paul Hall (JPH) Dr. McDonnell
- 11:45 p.m. – 12:45p.m. Lunch (Lunch will be provided, but you are welcome to bring snacks for breaks; bringing bottled water for rehearsal is recommended).
- 1:00 p.m.– 2:00 p.m. Masterclass Prof. Rick Christman
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. Change into concert attire- Snacks in JPH to go
- 2:45-4:00 p.m. Honor Choir Rehearsal #2 in St. Vincent’s. Dr. McDonnell, Dr. Laino
- 4:30 p.m. CONCERT – Dr. McDonell and Dr. Allan Laino, Conducting. Welcome: Dr. Jackie Leary-Warsaw, Dean, Benjamin T. Rome School of Music, Drama, and Art. Parents/guardians, teachers, conductors, classmates, and friends are welcome. Venue: St. Vincent’s Chapel on the CUA campus.
The concert is free and open to the public.
CONCERT ATTIRE - Ladies – black long skirt, gown, or pants and black blouse.
Black dress shoes
Men – black pants and white shirt with long black tie.
Black dress shoes
Please bring your change of clothes in a garment bag labeled with your name. Wear comfortable clothing for the rehearsals.
PARKING – Parking on campus is limited. Parking is available on Harewood Road which provides easy access as it is in close proximity to registration and the rehearsals in the music building, and John McCormick Boulevard which is easy access to St. Vincent’s Chapel.
BREAKFAST – Please have a good breakfast so that you have energy for our morning rehearsals. We have planned an early lunch for you. Please feel free to bring bottled water to rehearsal.
MUSIC—Please bring your copy of the music along with a pencil with eraser for score marking and place your music in a black performance folder or three-ring binder. All copied music must be discarded after the performance in accordance with copyright laws.
WEATHER – We hope for a beautiful day for our event, but in the event of inclement weather and if we are forced to cancel activities on February 9 there is no make-up day scheduled.We look forward to hosting you on our campus for the Seventh Annual All-Catholic Honor Choir. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me: Battersby@cua.edu